Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hearting Amazon - the Wii Fit Chapter

I've liked Amazon from the beginning but as it expanded its offerings and services I came to totally love it. Innovation and value is a combination I can't resist!

Latest example is my purchase of a Wii Fit - without needing to spend a lot of time checking retailers or paying some "middle man" markup. When I checked Amazon.com awhile back I noticed that even though these were out of stock there was a link to have Amazon notify me via text message when stock arrived. Had never noticed this before but since I knew Wii Fit was hard to snag I signed myself up. Sure enough I got text messages on my iPhone when they were available. All I had to do was respond with "buyfit" to snag one. The first time I wasn't near my phone and they were gone by the time I responded. Twice more I missed out. I think once because I had a typo in "buyfit" - these things sell out nearly instantly.

However today I saw the message right away and had no typo in my "buyfit" response. Very soon I got a confirmation that I had snagged one to be shipped two-day for free (I have a Prime membership). I feel all lucky and proud today :-)

No comments: