Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh Wyndham, How I Hate Ye!

Thanks to an ace corporate planner I am staying in a Wyndham hotel for a couple of days of meetings. This means the room is in the hotel as well as the meeting space and the meals are from the hotels crack kitchen staff. Some people would call this "jail". We call it meeting hell.

This is my third Wyndham stay and all have been bad hotels. This one is no exception. Three immediate problems:
  • No kleenex in the room? You have got to be kidding me. This is a new low for inhospitable treatment. I see no signs of a place to hold kleenex - it isn't like the room ran out and they just forgot to put some in the room.
  • The air conditioner is only slightly quieter than the back seat on the MD-80 I flew in on...
  • And the crowning achievement? While I was unpacking I heard a noise that made me think someone was at the door. I walked over to check, found no one, and as I turned to finish unpacking saw some black crap coming up through the bathroom sink. I called the front desk more than two hours ago and they said someone would be right up. Hah!
So like I said, oh Wyndham how I hate ye!

No comments: